Dates and Location
September 19-24, 2016
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Leading experts from a wide range of fields including quantum optics & optomechanics, quantum gases, nanophotonics, quantum thermodynamics, and quantum measurement theory will gather to discuss and lecture on emerging themes in a variety of quantum light-matter interfaces.
We aim to realize an exciting gathering of leading experimental and theoretical, junior and experienced scientists in an engaging week-long summer school that will interest PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and experts alike.
Lectures will be broadcast via live videolink at the Istanbul Technical University Conference Hall.
Application is open, please register ASAP using the online form below.
Lectures will take place at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge (on Madingley Road).
Limited single occupancy accommodation will be available at the Churchill College (£42.50/night including breakfast) or local hotels.
School Banquet will take place on September 20th, at the Hall of St. John's College.
Social activities and a public lecture will take place on September 22nd.
- Quantum optics and quantum stochastic processes
- Quantum thermodynamics and quantum heat engines
- Quantum measurement of systems far from equilibrium
- Non-equilibrium quantum optomechanics
- Interacting photonics in confined geometres -- from cavities to waveguides
- Driven-dissipative phenomena in Bose-Einstein condensates
- Exciton and Polariton condensation dynamics
- Collective phenomena in multi-emitter systems
- Quantum adiabatic processes and topology
- Synthetic gauges, chemical potentials, and quantum Hall states of light
- Quantum heat engines in biological systems
- Janet Anders (University of Exeter, UK)
- Mete Atature (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Jacqueline Bloch (LPN-CNRS, France)
- Howard Carmichael (University of Auckland, New Zealand)
- Darrick Chang (ICFO-Barcelona, Spain)
- Aashish Clerk (McGill University, Canada)
- Sebastian Diehl (Technical University of Dresden, Germany)
- Steven Girvin (Yale University, USA)
- Zoran Hadzibabic (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Atac Imamoglu (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Austen Lamacraft (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Ben Lev (Stanford University, USA)
- Florian Marquardt (Max Planck Institute for Light, Germany)
- Giovanna Morigi (University of Saarland, Germany)
- Anatoli Polkovnikov (Boston University, USA)
- Hakan Türeci (Princeton University, USA)
Mete Atature (University of Cambridge)
Hakan Türeci (Princeton University)
Pamela Smith (University of Cambridge)
Remote Organizers (Video Link Broadcast to Istanbul Technical University)
Tugrul Hakioglu (ITU)
Inanc Adagideli (Sabanci Univeristy)
EU COST Action “Quantum Thermodynamics”
The Cambridge Central Asia Forum
Istanbul Technical University
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Physics (ITAP)
Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
St. John's College, Cambridge
Churchill College, Cambridge
Registration and Payment
Please fill the online form below to register for the school. Registration fee is £130. Space is limited so please register as soon as possible.
In addition to filling out the form below, please PAY HERE at a secure website to complete your registration.
You will be asked to create an account to complete your transaction securely.