- PhD., California Institute of Technology, 2012
- MS, Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2008
- B.Tech and Integrated M.Tech, Electronics and Electrical Comm. Engg., Indian Institute of Technology, 2007
Associated Faculty in the Princeton Institute for the Science and Technology of Materials (PRISM)
Interacting and extracting information from electromagnetic fields is one of the core foundations of all technologies that involve us interacting and understanding our environment. This extends right from detecting tiniest traces of proteins in body fluids to optical imaging to sending information via wireless communication. Our interest is in new ways extracting information from electromagnetic fields from RF-optical frequencies to enable new integrated and chip-scale technologies for communication and imaging to health and diagnostics. Broadly my research interests are
1. Reconfigurable Millimeter-wave Systems, An and Electromagnetic Interfaces
2. Programmable Chip-scale Terahertz Systems
3. Nano-optical Systems and Biosensing
For more information, please visit my research website.
- X.Lu, H.Lu and K.Sengupta, “Programmable terahertz chip-scale sensing interface with direct digital reconfiguration at sub-wavelength scales,” in Nature Communications, 10, Article number: 2722 (2019)
- K.Sengupta, D.Mittleman and T.Nagatsuma, "Advances in Terahertz Integrated Electronic and Hybrid Electronic-Photonic Systems,'' in Nature Electronics , 1, pages622–635 (2018)
- C.Chappidi and K.Sengupta, "Frequency Reconfigurable mm-Wave Power Amplifier With Active Impedance Synthesis in an Asymmetrical Non-Isolated Combiner: Analysis and Design,’’ IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits (JSSC), vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 1990-2008, Aug. 2017.
- L.Hong, H.Li, H.Yang and K.Sengupta,"Integrated Copper-based Sub-wavelength Angle insensitive Nano-plasmonic Filters for Ultra-miniaturized Fluorescence Microarray in a 65-nm Digital CMOS Process,'' ACS. Photonics , Sept. 2018.
- L.Hong, H.Li, H.Yang and K.Sengupta, "Fully Integrated Fluorescence Biosensors on-chip Employing Multi-functional Nanoplasmonic Optical Structures in CMOS,'' IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2388-2406, Sept. 2017.
Honors and Awards:
IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society Distinguished Lecturer, 2019-2020
DARPA Young Faculty Award, 2018
Young Alumni Achievement Award from IIT Kharagpur in 2018
Princeton SEAS E. Lawrence Keys, Jr./Emerson Electric Co. Faculty Award in 2018
Princeton E-Council Excellence in Teaching Award (nominated by undergraduate student council), 2018
Bell Labs Prize, 2017
Featured in 2017 Princeton Celebrate Innovation Forum among six inventions of the year
Young Investigator Award from Office of Naval Research, 2017
Charles Wilts Prize for the best Ph.D. thesis in Electrical Engineering, Caltech, 2012-13